Farming Research

Donald Durs
6/15/2011
Hello. I would like to know if there is any data/research available that discusses the meta buying habits of farmers. What percentage of farmers prefer metal roofing or metal material on their barns. Retrofitting metal vs other material. Etc. Thank you! Don
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
6/15/2011
Oh wow. I am not familiar with any data on that. I would suggest contacting the National Frame Building Association or the Metal Building Manufacturers Association.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
6/16/2011
Can't speak with any data behind it but it seems to be a favorite choice of farmers when compared to all other materials. They have been using it successfully for decades which begs the question why asphalt ever became an option.
Donald Durs
6/16/2011
Thank you for the quick feedback.
Ethlyn Kennedy
5/17/2012
Can you refer me to experts who can answer questions on maintenance of metal roofs on barns?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
5/17/2012
Ethlyn, David Stermer has a lot of experience in that area.
David Stermer
5/18/2012
Ethlyn, Feel free to call me at 502-855-4342 if you have specific questions youu would like to discuss. Regards, David Stermer

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.