Delivery to roof, or ground

Brad C
10/17/2017
My roof metal is being delivered today, they offered to boom it up to the roof, should I go that route? Few details, the winds are 20-30 MPH today and we have steady wind most the time, will that effect putting it on the roof? Will the delivery folks disperse the weight or just boom the entire lot of panels to one spot? Do I need to block it? Any other suggestions?
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
10/17/2017
Without seeing the roof, impossible to say. What does your installer say? As long as there is wide angle and enough room to work on the site, getting them on the roof isn't a huge deal. If you are tight quarters and limited space (can't imagine that being the case in Montana), have them put up on the roof.
Brad C
10/17/2017
I am a DIY'r so I am the installer. The packing slip states 858# for the freight, will the roof hold that in one location? Attached is a picture of the roof in case that helps. (the too square roof vents have been removed and closed)
Brad C
10/17/2017
And another with a diagram, in case that helps. (bathroom vents and ridge vents have been removed and closed with plywood.)
10/17/2017
There I would just roof drop. Easy roof and you can strip one side and finish the one and then move to the other side.
Brad C
10/17/2017
I have already torn off all the shingles (and pulled the 10,000 staples) and am down to the tar paper. I am waiting to pull the tar paper and put down the Titanium PSU30 over the entire roof until the wind dies down a little bit. Do I need to block it or can they just put it down on the tar paper? Thanks for all the assistance Eric!
10/17/2017
Probably wouldn't be a terrible idea to throw down a sacrificial layer of underlayment in case it gets torn up, but with that pitch roof....it should lay right down on the roof without issue. Happy the help. Be sure to post up some after pictures when you are done.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.