Insurance Problems With Steel Roof

Guest User
12/4/2014
Hi; I had a metal roof put on my house, & to day a work buddy said that Insurance company's do not like Metal Roofing because in fire situation firemen can't cut through the roof to extinguish a fire in the attic or ceiling of the house? Where as a wood Shingled roof would burn through and allow water to be poured on and in the roof! Do you have an answer to this Question?\ Thanks Allan Tallman
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
12/4/2014
Most metal roofs are not terribly difficult to "open up". Additionally, firefighter training includes how to vent a metal roof. While I, too, have heard this story, it's always been sort of an "old wives' tale" rather than something really coming from a firefighter.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
12/9/2014
That is not accurate information. As Todd said, they can easily get inside of them to fight the fire and quickly if needed. If we had more metal roofs, we would have less house fires and you won't find a home in wildfire country that doesn't have a metal roof if they care about preserving their home.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.