Malco Turbo Shears

Brad C
11/4/2017
Hi, I am interested in others opinions about the Malco corrugated turbo shears for cutting roofing panels, PBR in particular. I have watch a lot of videos on them and they all appear to show the shear leaving scratches in the paint after they cut. Does anyone have a these shears that can confirm or deny that they do in fact ruin the paint on the panels after use? Or if there is a technique that is applicable to ensure the paint is not marred/scratched after use? TIA!
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
11/5/2017
I'm not familiar with that shear personally, but I think you will have issues with nearly every mechanically assisted shear on a corrugated panel.
Dick Bus
11/5/2017
Fein Tools makes a nibbler that is better for cutting PBR panels. the only caution is getting the moon shaped cuttings on your shoes and then walking on the finished panels.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.