Michelle Michelle
6/18/2004
How can I obtain sheet metal roofing in the color of my choice? I'm trying to get a sage (grey/ green) color. All of the local contractors carry only hunter green. Can I get regular galvanized roofing and paint it myself? Please help!
Guest User
6/19/2004
Michelle, If you research all manufacturers, you will find some variations in green colors. You are right in that the normal is a Forest or Hunter Green but there are some lighter colors -- more like patina colors. Additionally, I know that my company has a couple of greens which are more of a sage or mossy look than the dark forest color. Special colors are feasible but generally only for pretty large projects -- usually 200 squares or so. As far as repainting, yes, that can be done but you will not be getting the warranty and long life of a factory-applied finish.
Guest User
6/15/2005
What company is that? I've been looking for the same color, and have spent many unsuccessful hours.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
6/15/2005
Jean, My company is Classic Products, Inc. Our website is www.classicroof.com We specialize in shake and shingle profiles in aluminum. We also manufacture aluminum standing seam.
Guest User
6/15/2005
Todd, I located your site, but did not see anything in a sage or mossy color. ?
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
6/16/2005
Our Forest Green, despite the name, is actually a fairly soft, mossy green. If you call in to our Customer Service Dept, they could send you a color sample.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.