Guest User
I could use a little help with the drip edge on my roof. I live in So. Calif. and just bought a home with a metal roof (metal shake type) installed in 1987 over an existing wood shake roof. I am getting dry rot just below the drip edge in a gap created when the roof was intsalled over the shake roof. I would like to know what would be the best way to remove the facia board without harming the roof? I have been told to run a sawzall blade between the facia and the bottom plate to clip the nails and just pull the facia and replace with new. I do not know how to remove the first row of the metal roof or do I know if I should to complete the wood repair. I also want to avoid the problem in the future and was wondering if it would be o.k. to install ontop of the facia a 1x4 or 1x6 to fill the gap behind the drip edge.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
Rick, Please give me a call at my office so we can discuss this. Also, if you have any photos, please email them to me in advance. Knowing what type of metal shake system you have will be of help in providing an answer to this. Todd Miller 1-800-543-8938 ext 201 [email protected]
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.