Guest User
11/1/2001
I know the darker colors do not reflect heat as well as the lighter colors but has a study been done on the comparison of White and Galvanized to determine which reflects or absorbs more heat?
Guest User
11/1/2001
I know the darker colors do not reflect heat as well as the lighter colors but has a study been done on the comparison of White and Galvanized to determine which reflects or absorbs more heat?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
11/2/2001
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
11/2/2001
Based upon studies done by Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee, greater UV reflectivity is achieved with White painted product rather than mill finish Galvalume steel. I assume that the same thing would apply to mill finish Galvanized steel. However, metal roofing, coated or uncoated, has consistently performed very well in their ongoing studies into cool roofs.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.