Guest User
1/29/2018
Do metal roofs need to be washed?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
1/29/2018
Generally, no. My metal roof has been on my home since 1996 and has never remotely needed washing or cleaning. That said, there are different finishes available on metal roofs as well as different climates and weather conditions. For example, if trees drop sap on the roof, that sap can really hold dirt and even support biological growth. This will be most noticeable on a light colored roof. My suggestion, if you have a metal roof and feel it may need cleaned is to contact the manufacturer and see what they say as far as how it can be cleaned. If you're anticipating a metal roof and wondering if it might sometime need to be cleaned, again, I will refer you to the manufacturer so you can describe your home's situation and see what they say.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.