james macneil
12/23/2017
I have a barn-style storage with a screw down rib metal roof. The panels are installed on furring strips. There is plywood decking with old shingles under the metal. There weren't any outside closures installed under the ridge cap. The ridge is closed. There also were no inside closures installed where the two slopes of the roof meet. I haven't noticed any water infiltration on the plywood decking under the metal. We've also had tropical storm winds and rain come through during hurricane Matthew. Should I have the closures put on the roof? Thanks, James
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
12/23/2017
I think you will be fine with the old roof still under there. The lack of closures should mean that the roof gets a bit more convective air movement in this case.
james macneil
12/27/2017
Thank you very much. That puts my mind at ease. This forum you all host is very beneficial to homeowners. I've learned a lot from your responses to homeowners' questions.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
12/27/2017
Glad we could help. Tell all your friends about the benefits of using metal roofing.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.