Richard Harris
12/10/2017
Hello! I have a 27-year-old metal roof. I think it's a galvalume R panel, white in color...although there is a lot less white and more of the base metal color showing in places. Just last week we got some heavy rain that lasted for a couple of days and I noticed a leak. The leak location is in a flat section and almost has to be from a failed fastener. So, the question is, pay almost 20% of the cost of a new roof for new fasteners, or just bite the bullet and go for a new roof. I got a quote for a new standing seam metal. Thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
12/10/2017
20% for new fasteners? Is that a quote you got? Whats the roof look like in terms of other condition, pitch, access?

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.