Guest User
11/12/2017
I live in central NY and have a ranch house with a 3/12 pitch. I've had some people tell me the pitch in my house is to flat for a metal roof. I've also been told that moisture underside of roof could be an issue if my house loses heat thru the roof also. I plan on stripping the roof down abd covering with ice/water sheeting, then laying purlings to set the roof on. Would there be any issues from your experience.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
11/12/2017
3:12 is well within the capability of a metal roof depending on the panel style. If you have any issues with ice dams, I would suggest you look at the insulation and ventilation schedule when you do the roof.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.