Metal Wall to Metal Roof Flashing

Guest User
10/18/2017
I'm Adding a lean-to to my Metal Garage. I am wondering what type of flashing to install (without cutting the metal walls) to flash between Walls and New roof. I plan to add the Perlins prior to installing the roof, This will be a un-enclosed lean-to I'm just trying to limit any water dripping down the walls where the lean-to meets. This Pic shows existing roof above. on the Gable end, where another lean-to is installed (but not roofed yet) no roof overhang exists
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
10/18/2017
If you are just going to surface apply the flashing, I would look at some butyl tape and some understand that you are only reliant on a glue/caulking seal.
Guest User
10/18/2017
I understand the shortcoming of not removing the siding.... With the Butyl tape, should that be applied on the wall side, the roof side, or both?
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
10/18/2017
Probably easier to apply to the flashing and then apply to the siding.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.