Timothy Spake
NOTLOL
10/16/2017
Just had a new metal roof put on. I noticed the metal is sagging from top of roof down to gutter. It about 20 feet and it has developed a sag, a downward bowing from top to bottom. Is this common or a bad install. Had a complete tear off and roof was in good shape.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/16/2017
Is there solid decking such as plywood beneath the roofing? I assume there, is judging by the fasteners. (This wasn't installed direct to the rafters or vertically oriented purlins, was it?
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
10/17/2017
This is more a function of the decking or structure of the roof than it is the metal on the roof.
Timothy Spake
NOTLOL
10/17/2017
I had the original shingle roof torn off and new metal put down over a membrane. So I guess it was nailed to the plywood that was exposed by the tear off.
Timothy Spake
NOTLOL
10/17/2017
I can not see pictures. Are there any visible to either of you?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/17/2017
Yes, we see them. I agree with Eric -- the metal panels are following the decking, unless there is something underlying that we're not aware of. I think the decking has this bow to it.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.