Metal Bow roof

John Otto
10/8/2017
I'd like to put metal roofing on a small studio that is 8 feet wide and 16 long with a bow roof. Rise at the center will be between 1.5 and two feet. Is there a way to bend metal panels over the bow? Can a metal roof be ordered with a bow in it?
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
10/9/2017
Any chance you can attach a picture of the roof in question?
John Otto
10/9/2017
This is as close as I can come for what I have in mind. Sort of a squashed barrel. Rise of approx. 18 inches over 8 feet.
David Stermer
10/16/2017
Hi John, I believe that 8' chord and 18" rise equates to around a 6' radius. I am not familiar with any metal roof panels that can be 'walked-down' to that radius. I recommend a mechanically curved panel. There are a few of them on the market. Regards, David
John Otto
10/23/2017
What would be the maximum rise over 8 feet that could be 'walked' down?
David Stermer
10/23/2017
Hi John, The walk down radius is highly correlated with the panel depth. And so It depends on the panel profile. I have concluded that common panels in the 5/8" to 3/4" depth range can be walked down to radiuses of 25' or so. That corresponds to a rise of just under 4" on an 8' chord. Talking to the manufacturer is a good idea as they likely have experience with walking down their panel. Regards, David

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.