Guest User
9/16/2017
I have recently installed a metal roof on my home. I have installed approximately 7 roofs with metal without problems. During installation of my roof, I have now begun to get electrical shocks. Does anyone know how to find the source of electricity. This is the first time I have had this problem. Not sure if I have ran a screw into a wire or have a short somewhere. Does the roofing need grounded?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
9/16/2017
This is tough. My guess is that a fastener has hit a wire that was run in the ceiling / roof. I assume you do not have attic access to view form the underside? I remember running into this once before on a cathedral ceiling. They were able to isolate which wire it was from inside the home and disconnect that wire and run a new wire in its place.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.