how to complete center of full hip roof point

larry green
thank you
8/1/2017
Im using union steel. How do i cap the center peak of a full hip roof?
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
8/1/2017
They should make a cap and are you venting that section of the roof?
Guest User
8/1/2017
It is for a coupala, probably not spelling correctly.
Guest User
8/1/2017
Its on a coupala. They sent a "kit" but that wasnt included
8/1/2017
I am not sure what you mean by "cap" as it pertains to the cupola.
Guest User
8/1/2017
On this roof the coupala is not an added unit like a stepele etc. It is framed to structure and basically has a smaller version of the main roof. It may be simpler to explain if imagined without the coupala and just as a full hip peak.
Guest User
8/1/2017
I may be simpler to imagine it just as a full hip peak . union says they dont make a specific peiece for that
8/1/2017
You will have more luck posting a picture.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
8/1/2017
I know this photo has a cap with a weathervane but do you just need the four-sided cap similar to what is at the peak in this photo? If so, that is usually customer fabricated on the job site of matching coil ... because so much depends upon the roof pitch -- there is no pre-fabricated piece that would work for these situations.
Guest User
8/1/2017
The point where all 4 ridges meet.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
8/1/2017
Really, you just have to cut a template based upon the dimensions you need, make a little closure flap and rivet it ... and then probably use exposed screws to attach it to your hip trim.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.