Guest User
7/31/2017
Hello. Is there a significant price difference between Kynar paint and SMP paint for a standing seam panel in the same gauge?
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
7/31/2017
It is not a huge difference by any means, unless it means "special order" and extra freight charges, etc.
Guest User
8/8/2017
Generally speaking for fade resistance, is SMP paint suitable for light colors and Kynar paint for darker colors? Do darker colors show fading quicker than lighter colors?
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
8/8/2017
Jeff, there is some validity to what you're saying but chalk rates will be similar between dark and light colors. I personally would really steer toward PVDF for any high UV areas such as southern or high altitude areas, and I'd prefer PVDF for all applications.
Guest User
8/9/2017
Thanks Todd for the info and for replying. I live in eastern NC and I would consider my location to be a high UV area. The more I hear and read about PVDF the more I believe I need to go that route. I'm considering a lighter color rather than a darker color for more sun reflection and a cooler attic. Seems to me that PVDF may have a few more color options available and closer to what I may get. Thanks again for your help. I'll call again if I have a brainstorm and need clarification. Jeff

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.