lowest maintenance longest lasting metal roof

Jennie Shamey
7/12/2017
I am planning to build a picnic pavilion and want a metal roof that requires the least maintenance and will last the longest. I was told that I should use a form where there are no nails that will pop up. What kind of metal roof is that?
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
7/12/2017
I believe that what you have been referred to would be a concealed fastened product of some sort. The panels on this website, and their respective manufacturers, all agree to maintain a certain level of quality that will serve you well.
Dick Bus
7/12/2017
it is called standing seam. since it is a picnic pavilion I assume the panel length is less than 20 feet, which means you can use a clip-less panel. the best long term panel is a natural metal like copper or zinc, after that would be aluminum with a PVDF paint finish, fourth choice would be galvalume coated steel with a PVDF paint finish. thanks for the question.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.