Guest User
4/29/2017
Hi, I'm purchasing a new home, and it has a corrugated metal roof installed. From the inspector's photos it appears to have a good amount of rust (but no holes), and he mentioned lots of nails loose and water damage at the peek. I'm leaning towards removing all the panels myself, then having someone fix the water damage and install standing seam, but I'm unsure if that's the way to go or if I should attempt to have it repaired.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
4/29/2017
Since this is a home, I'd say that the way you're leaning is the way to go. If it was a garage or barn, I might say it's with the risk to replace the fasteners and clean up the rust and paint it and try to get a few more years out of it. That is a high expense and high risk procedure for a house though,

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.