Jon Maenpa
12/4/2016
On a set of plans, the material call out for a carport roof is 22"x120" plexlam corrugated sheets. I cannot find a reference to plexlam from a google search. What is a more common name for this material?
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
12/5/2016
There are a bunch of different corrugated metal manufacturers and suppliers. I would check with the architect and get them to specify a set of plans that can be sourced.
Jon Maenpa
12/6/2016
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, contact with the architect is no longer possible. So all we have now is that note on the approved plans, an that is all that the note says. I will wait a bit and see if anyone else had an idea on the material.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
12/6/2016
Jon, If you can't track it down, the only thing 99% of the builders are going to be looking for is a product that is rated for the project. On a carport, any corrugated metal panel is going to work just fine.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.