Andrew Berezowsky
11/27/2016
I have a gambrel-roofed pole barn with a metal roof. The underside of the metal is exposed. The peak is vented. The metal is on battens. I would like to install insulation under the roof, but am unsure of the best way to go about this. Can anyone give me some advise? Thanks.. .
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
11/27/2016
Can you possibly install the insulation so that a vented air gap remains between the insulation and the back side of the metal? That would be my advice.
Guest User
11/27/2016
Thanks for the reply. I could use foam baffles between the metal and the insulation, but that would preclude using spray foam, wouldn't it?
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
11/27/2016
How about a picture of the roof? Structure and accessibility will dictate if you have to use Spray Foam of if you can tackle it other ways.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
11/27/2016
If you can use closed cell spray foam, you can probably get by without the ventilation. Spraying foam direct to the back of metal roofing creates a real challenge if the roof ever has to be altered, repaired, or replaced.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.