how many aluminum roof can go on a double wide Mobile Home?

Guest User
10/29/2016
I have a 1969 double wide 24x56 mobile home which had an orginal aluminum roof, then a mineral rolled roof was applied on top the orginal aluminum roof. I bought the MH had a new aluminum roof installed, the contractor removed the mineral rolled roof then put on the new aluminum roof. The new roof 6 months old has many many issues. Skylight not installed to code, improper caulking/sealant used, gaps at ridge seam, no 2x4 wood installed at ridge seam, ........ I want a new roof, to many repair already attempted and still leak. Question: does the new contractor have to remove 2nd aluminum roof before installing 3rd roof?
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
10/29/2016
I am not sure exactly what style of roof is being installed but my answer is to remove one if not both existing layers of roofing
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
10/29/2016
+1. Sounds like a complete removal is in order all the way down the bottom.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.