jean vallee
8/22/2016
Have a 18x18 shed roof planned for attached screen porch. Can't be higher pitch due to 2nd story window. I will have 24" oc rafters and cdx roof deck with ice/water shield and insulation. looking at metal shingles as well as vertical standing seam. budget is an issue but I don't want exposed fasteners. Am I looking at the right options?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
8/22/2016
The only metal product approved for that low of pitch will be a mechanically seamed standing seam. You might "get by" with a minimum 1.5" tall seam snap lock standing seam with sealant in the locks. No way I'd use metal shingles on that pitch.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
8/23/2016
+1 Mechanical double lock is going to be your best application here and as Todd stated, nothing in the metal shingle family will work.
Kerry Moore
5/10/2017
I have a client who has a simple gabled roof with solid decking and dimensional shingles with a ridge vent, He is looking to go with standing seam. Back side is 2:12 pitch. Front side is 1:12 pitch till about six feet from the ridge. At that point it changes slightly to a 2:12 pitch. I see the reply above about snap lock. You don't mention a trapezoid shaped seam, or seam height. Any limitations?
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
5/10/2017
1:12 it will have to be a mechanical seamed roof.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.