Guest User
7/8/2016
I have an existing metal shingle style roof. The shingles are about 2'x4' aluminum (see attached picture). I have had at least three (3) different Solar companies in the last year, tell me that they could not install on my roof because of the material set and that they could not guarantee the roof if the solar needed to be removed. Are there any solar companies or roofing companies that will install on this style of roof? Any information that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Best regards, Kevin Buda
Dick Bus
7/8/2016
I recommend you contact Pete Croft, he should be able to steer you in the right direction regarding this style of roof and solar attachments. (760) 435-9842
Guest User
7/8/2016
Thanks for the quick reply, but isn't 760 area code San Diego? I am in the Bay Area between Palo Alto and San Jose.
Dick Bus
7/8/2016
I think it is the LA area. regardless Pete is quite knowledgeable about this type of panel. He is not a contractor, but I am sure he knows someone in your area.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
7/10/2016
+1 There are more than a handful of offset brackets that will work in your situation. You just need to talk to the right person.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.