Paul M
6/25/2016
What is the best strongest metal roof type? Im making my 1952 cinder block home hurricane proof. I want the strongest least likely to blow off or leak metal roof. I have three shallow 4/12 roofs.
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
6/25/2016
Just about any of the panel systems as well as standing seam will work here. Many of these systems can be fastened to a Miami Dade Hurricane standard.
Paul M
6/26/2016
What is the "Miami Dade Hurricane standard" for attachment? I was under the impression that there are many different quality metal roofs including gauge. How can I find someone who can do this and really care about doing a great job? Not just a job that 'passes county inspection". pa
Paul M
6/26/2016
"You will receive an email when an expert replies" I didn't last time. Hopefully i will next time.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
6/27/2016
Hello and thanks. Not sure what happened with the email notification. I will send you a direct email this time to make sure. Here's a link to a video I put together on how to choose a contractor: http://www.asktoddmiller.com/roofing-help-videos/choosing-a-contractor-signing-the-contract/ And a podcast on the same subject: http://www.asktoddmiller.com/roofing-help-podcasts/choosing-a-roofing-contractor/ I hope these are helpful.
Paul M
8/8/2016
thank you Todd Miller. I listed to all 10 of your videos. I tried to get your free ebook, but it wont accept w/o my ph # which I never give out online. Im still at a loss on which type metal roof I need. Each and every contractor that i spoke to had different suggestions, which you covered in your videos. All forums that I posted to, like this one, I got minimal feedback on metal types. pa
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
8/8/2016
Thanks Paul. I will email the ebook to you. Also I will send you a few other thoughts I have.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.