Guest User
5/16/2016
I have a standing seem metal roof, which I believe is aluminum. After seven years it is covered in black mold, any ideas on cleaning it? Is this something the home owner can do, or hire a pro. I KNOW you don't want to be trying to get up there when it is wet, very slippery. The mold is on all directions of the house, thank the trees for providing lots of shade.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
5/16/2016
You cannot walk on it when it is wet, but there are roof/siding cleaners that can be applied via a hose that are aimed at cleaning off surface mold. I would first contact the panel manufacturer and see if they have a recommendation. Are there a bunch of overhanging trees in this application because a metal roof is usually be best at not forming this kind of growth.
Dick Bus
5/18/2016
Mike, can you repost the question or e-mail me direct at [email protected] thanks

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.