Average costs for replacing existing shingled roof with standing seam metal roof?

Guest User
5/10/2016
We are in a pretty high-cost area so I am sure we will be toward the high end on a per square foot basis. I realize that lots of factors can affect the price Just looking not to get screwed over. We have a large roof on a rambler (about 2500 square feet of roofing. With moderate complexity -- 1 chimney, 4 vents, and a total of 6 valleys with each under 8 feet long and a moderate slope that is relatively easy to walk on for me at age 40..
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
5/10/2016
It does depend from area to area to be honest Josh. Skilled labor can be easily 20% higher in some areas. Around my parts (also in VA) it is a safe bet that it is going to be 2X what a good asphalt shingle will run you for a hidden fastener, quality standing seam roof and installation. Prices can vary from region to region, but that is just a good rule of thumb in my market.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.