Andrea Opdahl
4/23/2016
We are considering replacing our cedar shake roof with a metal roof. However, I have heard that having a metal roof blocks reception for internet and cell phone. Is this true and is there a way to get around that?
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
4/23/2016
A building with a metal roof will lessen reception in this case, but in most cases there is plenty of signal that comes through windows and other line of site towers.
Guest User
4/24/2016
We currently only have one form of internet (satellite) and only 2 bars on our cell phone, so maybe we should stay away from installing a metal roof. Would you advise that as well? Thanks so much for your help.
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
4/24/2016
Cell phone reception is via a system of towers and is usually more a result of line of site, in my opinion, than it is coming in vertically through the roof. For example, standing near a back window of my office gets me a much better vs. no difference based on the roof type. At the end of the day, I think there is much more upside to a metal roof than

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.