PATRICK Root
4/15/2016
I have a asphalt single roof, 24" trusses 1/2 or 7/16" plywood. The roof is spongy to walk on, you can see waves in the roof from the ground. I need to replace plywood I'am undecided on asphalt or metal With metal. what gaugeroofing and what thickens should new plywood be Is standing seam worth the extra price?
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
4/15/2016
The plywood should not have failed regardless in this case but 1/2" CDX, 4-ply, wood is fine as long as it is clipped in and installed properly. Metal is certainly worth the premium over asphalt in this case if you value a permanent roof that adds value to your home.
John Willingham
7/13/2016
Undoubtedly metal is more durable and energy-efficient than asphalt shingles. You should go for metal.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.