Is this a decent quote/product

John M
4/14/2016
I'm getting quotes for a house in south florida. I measure 23 squares, first quote measured 24 squares, so about that. $675 per square installed for 1-1/2" snaplock jax beach series from sunlast metals, coated white with kynar 500. Is this a decent price? Is this a decent product? 30# underlayment. 3:12 hiproof, single story. Dispose of concrete tiles. What should I expect to pay? What is considered high quality metal roofing? Brands/models? Has to be Miami Dade approved. How much does the material itself usually run?
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
4/14/2016
Pricing is very regional in nature. As long as it meets the criteria that you require, the finish technology is good, the panel manufacturer is well regarded and being an MRA member is a definite plus there, and its being installed by a reputable firm, what you pay for the last roof that you should put on the home is a good value at nearly any price.
Dick Bus
4/14/2016
John, I agree with Eric for the most part. I would recommend a high temp underlayment as opposed to 30# underlayment. I do recommend that the manufacturer is a member of the Metal Roofing Alliance, as all members agree to a minimum standard. I am not suggesting that Sunlast is not a quality manufacturer but they are not a manufacturing member of the Metal Roofing Alliance. thanks for using metal roofing.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.