Questions on new roof

Rick Duttry
3/30/2016
We are getting ready to redo the roof on our camp,,14 by 24 building. Doing new decking,5/8 plywood. My question is,do we need furrin strips if we use double bubble on top of plywood. We do not spend a lot of time there,,couple weekends in winter if we are lucky.I have also looked at the synthetic roll,would this be a better option,sort of like the idea of double bubble for a bit of insulation,but I did read somewhere that the double bubble has to have 1 inch gap to be productive. Thanks in advance for any help.
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
3/31/2016
A radiant barrier does need an airspace to work properly and given your infrequent use of the structure, direct to deck with a proper synthetic underlayment is probably the better option here.
Rick Duttry
3/31/2016
I will be insulating inside camp so I did not see much benefit from bubble wrap. Do you recommend the synthetic paper or the roll paper. Dont mind buying the synthetic,,just a waste in a way,,sq foot on camp is 480 sq feet,and I believe there is quite a bit more in synthetic roll,dont know what I would use it for..
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
3/31/2016
Synthetic is better. Be sure to use a temperature range that is suitable for metal roofing.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.