Re-sealing every 5 years?

Althea Reetz
3/24/2016
Hello! I am looking to replace my old asphalt roofing with metal roofing. I really like all the benefits they provide. I have had a number of roofing companies giving me quotes. The last company that came said that while metal roofs were very nice, they do have to be re-sealed every 5 years and it costs about $2,000 each time. None of the other roofers have indicated this. Did they fail to mention something or does the last roofer have the wrong information? If I am seriously going to be spending $2,000 every 5 years, why bother going with a metal roof? Thank you for providing any information you can!
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
3/24/2016
This would be very, and in extremely, uncommon. I'd ask them specifically what they find themselves re-sealing and then ask the other contractors what they do in order to avoid that.
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
3/25/2016
I am going to guess that was a contractor that was selling asphalt. That is complete and utter garbage. I would take that person and that quote completely out of the mix as that person is not to be trusted.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.