Rob Noah
3/22/2016
I have read on several manufactures' websites and marketing literature that "tests show that Galvalume is 3 to 4 times more corrosive resistant than G90 in most applications" but they never back it up with a reference for the tests. Can you provide a link to where I can validate this statement with actual documentation? Thank you.
Dick Bus
3/22/2016
Rob, does this paper help? http://www.metalconstruction.org/index.php/media-center/press-releases/metal-roofs-can-last-60-years I will check for tests that compare Galvalume to Galvanized
Guest User
3/24/2016
Dick, Thank you for the quick reply. I have read through this paper from the Metal Construction Association (MCA) and Zink Aluminum Coaters (ZAC) Association and couldn't find the above statement. If yo find anything else, feel free to email me directly. Thank you for your help. Rob

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.