Guest User
2/3/2016
After I install 29 gauge corrugated steel panels on my shed roof, how do I install a ridge cap if the metal is to thin to walk on without denting it.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
2/3/2016
Not sure of the question here? You can't ever really walk on the ridge in a metal application except on the seams where it is tight to the ridge and the strongest.
Guest User
2/3/2016
Every video I watched shows that after the metal panels are put on the installer is walking on the roof and installs a ridge cap at the peak with foam closers underneath. How do you do that if the metal is to thin to walk on without denting the panels. The panels are attached directly to the rafters.
Dick Bus
2/3/2016
use what is called a couple of chicken ladders with blocking under them to spread the load over several corrugations. then a couple of ladder jacks with a plank going across the two ladders.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.