Hexagonal roof question

Dan Lund
I have been looking at metal and corrugated plastic roofing panels for a hexagon gazebo roof. I see the ridge caps as an item. But what is typically used along the vertical ridges connecting each side of the roof? The ridge caps all seem to have the molding or forming to fit in with the panels running in one direction only.
David Stermer
Hi Dan, The intersections of your roof planes are typically considered 'hips'. Hip flashing is very similar to ridge flashing, though in my experience, comprised of two flat segments with a hemmed edge and separated by the appropriate bend angle. Regards, David
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
I will second what David said. You will use a channel to close off the bias of the panels and then cover that with a hip cap. I am, just for fun, attaching a photo of a metal shingle in a gazebo ... the hips have individual caps.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.