Steve James
1/13/2016
Good morning, I am new here so these may not seem like intelligent questions. I have a 28yr old MBCI small batten standing seam metal roof that I need to do some repairs on. This will require removal of the battens. One of my questions; is there a tool for removing the battens from the clips without damaging the battens? As the battens are 28 yrs old, faded and about 37' long I need to be able to re-use them. Your responses will be greatly appreciated!
Dick Bus
1/13/2016
I would recommend that you contact MBCI and ask for their technical department.
Steve James
1/13/2016
Thanks for the quick response Dick. I'm on it!
Guest User
1/14/2016
I have not gotten a response from MBCI so I was hoping that more of the Experts might join in. I guess the old style of standing seam and batten is not used much.
Dick Bus
1/14/2016
Steve, try a vinyl siding repair tool. Most Home Centers have them in stock or go on line. I think they are less than $10. I caution you to not scratch through the paint.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.