Chuck Heller
12/16/2015
My sister has a small building in the US Virgin Islands. Lots of rain and wind and sun. Corrugated roofs are pretty much the "go-to" down there. I'll be going down for 2 weeks in January and we'd like to get a roof on it. It's a plywood roof, presently coated with a brush-on rubber roofing material. The problem is the shape of the roof... It's basically "octagonal" - 8 "pie" pieces coming together at the peak. (much regret over choosing that style, but it's done :-( ).... I will attach a picture or two. I'm "handy" but I've never done a roof like this. All materials will be from a Home Depot in Christianstead... I'm particularly interested/concerned with the vertical ridges... What material you use? width? attachment? under-layment of any type? should they be screwed on? riveted? Obviously (?) there will be no overlap where the "pie pieces" come together - and nothing standard about how they line up next to each other... - just looked at the photo and remembered that damn "porch" also... -- there are "valleys" where that meets the rest... :-( ANY advice, thoughts, comments, questions, will be very much appreciated! Thanks Chuck
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
12/16/2015
You will need to have hip flashing on the hips and a valley system in the valleys. Home Depot should be able to supply those parts on special order. They do need to be custom-formed also to meet the exact roof pitch.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.