Guest User
11/27/2015
I had a standing seam metal roof installed and I have had seven leaks so far. I was told the vent pipes are to far down on the roof. Last year my vent pipes got ripped right off from the snow sliding down the. I was wondering if there is anything in writing that states where the vent pipes should be for the correct roofing process. I plan on taking the contractor to small claim court and I just need some back up.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
11/27/2015
By "too low" do you mean they are too short or they are too close to the bottom edge of the roof? As far as the latter, they pretty much need to come up straight from were they originate -- there really isn't adjustment in that that is within the roofing skill trade.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.