Guest User
11/21/2015
I think the company delivered the wrong lap screws. The manufacturer requires a lap screw where the ribs attach. It's a big rib (1.25" high) and 1" on the flat top. See attachment...I thought I should have got the 1/4 X7/8" lap screw shown in the user manual. I received a larger diameter screw with an 8mm head. The bag shows that they are a #14 X7.8 lap/stitch with 1/2" control seal. Is this correct? Which screw should I be using? The photo shows the two types of screws I received with my order.
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
11/21/2015
Washer does look small.
Guest User
11/21/2015
Eric, doesn't a #14 screw (0.25" diameter) seem too big for lap screw?
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
11/23/2015
I would love to comment on this specifically but I am unfamiliar with that panel as we don't use it. Perhaps a quick call to their tech support would get you the correct answers straight from the manufacturer and I am sure they can either FedEx the correct screws (if they sent the wrong ones) or tell you where to source them locally.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.