Getting It Right The First Time

Dave Caruso
10/19/2015
My guestion is about a simple gable roof 46 ft long ridge and 17 ft gables. It now has worn shingles and I want to install a metal roof. My head is spinning because contractors are giving me conflicting advise. I have self determined by reading previous post that the old shingles have to go. My guestion is should I use vertical strapping over trusses and horizontal in between? What should go over the plywood decking before strapping? What metal roofing should I use? One with a exposed fastener or one without?And what thickness? I'm in a pretty cold climate with significant snowfalls. Pitch on roof is 3/12. It has a ridge vent and good ventilation. Thank you and looking forward to your reply.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
10/19/2015
Have you had any ice damming before?

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.