carolyn stevens
8/1/2015
I have a metal roof, which has started leaking where the main roof meets the porch, I have been told I need a trans here between the t2 roofs, where I have the lower roof up under the main roof, and also told I need a insulation put under metal roof, what would you suggest, the leak is going all the way across the porch in ceiling about a foot away from the connecting of roofs, I have takening it up and put tar paper down , but this has not helped any, I'm live on a fix income so I do the work myself, any idea's thank you for you time. carolyn
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
8/1/2015
The there should be a transition to compensate for the pitch change. Not sure what the insulation suggestion is for. Can you post up a picture of the area in question?

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.