Guest User
I have a Pro-Panel II roof on a 4/12 pitch installed in 2005. The ridge cap supplied with the building is 20"x12' (10" on either side of the peak) and uses a closed foam closure to insure against leaks. I have replaced the ridge cap closures, caulked and re-calked three times in ten years in an effort to stop leakage from the peak of the roof with little or no success. I am told that a pre-formed ridge cap, fitting the Pro-Panel II profile, is available which would eliminate the use of the foam closures. This direct adhesion ridge cap sounds like it would be the perfect solution the problem. My questions are as follows: 1) Is this a viable alterative to the foam closures and 2) Where can the product be purchased? I have had no luck in locating this type ridge cap to date. Thank you in advance for your reply. Ken Hays
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
Opening up for comment.
Guest User
Are you sure that the leak is from the foam closures? Before replacing anything I suggest that you do a water test, using a water hose, to determine where the water comes from. Is your roof an "A" frame or a cathedral?

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.