Guest User
4/28/2015
I have a metal vertical seam panel roof and every year next to the valleys where the roofs meet, the metal rips. The valleys are where the ice builds up in the winter. It is impossible to get the ice off the roof due to the amount of snow we get. I have already replaced part of the roofing and still it rips. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
4/28/2015
Is there anything you can do to increase ventilation and insulation in this area of the attic, and seal off any air leaks form the living space?
Dick Bus
4/28/2015
you could also place two rows of snow guards parallel to the valley. do not use the ones that penetrate through the metal.
Guest User
5/1/2015
Over the winter the snow rakes were ripped of the metal roof, the problem is that one of them left a rip about 2 inches long. How would I fix that? Bill
Dick Bus
5/1/2015
I assume that you mean snow retention devices when you say rakes. If they were ripped off leads me to believe that there were not enough of them installed. can you post of picture of the rip? Maybe we can come up with a solution.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.