Insulated roof job versus non-insulated roofing panels for roof job?

Guest User
4/25/2015
Hey Gang, I am just about to make a decision to do a roof job on my double wide mobile home. My question is, one contractor wants to use the "Uniflex ll " system/materials w/two inch insulated panels, w/aluminum snap-loc panels. And the other contractor wants to do the job w/installing 26 ga. Galvalume metal roofing material over the existing shingled roof (20 years old) with 30 lb underlayment material. Which one would you recommend? Obviously, the first style is a little more in cost, but I've been told that the extra insulation is not really needed? Could you help clear my air here?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
4/25/2015
I think the extra insulation will help protect against condensation issues and also help with energy efficiency of your home.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
4/25/2015
+1 Insulation is never a bad idea.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.