roof vent installation

mark smith
1/30/2015
when prepping for installation of the metal roof, what do you do if anything to the vent penetrations? I have a concrete roof and want to make sure the roof is water tight.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
1/30/2015
Not much to do. Ideally, if you can move them, you move the vents so that they fall in the middle of a panel and not on a lock or a seam.
mark smith
1/31/2015
when the vent lands on a lock or seam, what is the best way to keep it sealed?
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
2/1/2015
Dektite boot. If you have an attic, you can move the vent to offset it as well.
mark smith
2/17/2015
I am pricing my roof and am looking to price battens part of the installation. Is their an average to go by? I will be on 5ft centers. 45 sq
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
2/18/2015
Mark, perhaps someone else can help you with a cost estimate. However, I would recommend that you check on your spacing with the manufacturer of the metal roof panel you're installing. They will have load tables that specify batten spacing. 5 foot centers sounds too far apart for most panels I am aware of.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.