BeckryTech vs Kynar

Jeremy Hoover
12/14/2014
I have two companies quoting a steel metal installation roof for my home. One is recommending BeckryTech the other is recommending Kynar. BeckryTech is a polyester based paint, but they are saying it performs better than Kynar. Can anyone offer an educated opinion on this? Thanks!
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
12/15/2014
There are many higher performance polyester finishes available today that do well. I can't speak personally to the Becker product you mention. However, while performance of these products seems to rival PVDF (Kynar) coatings in their early years, I have not seen anything to indicate that that performance continues out beyond year ten or so, and that is the common industry concern with these products. Keep in mind of course that all of these products will perform better in northern climates (climates less subjected to UV).
Guest User
12/19/2014
Polyesters only outperform PVDF in one area. The film is harder so they tend not to scratch as easy as PVDF. They will fade faster than PVDF.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.