metal Pole barn Humidity

Guest User
9/2/2014
Dear Experts, I have a metal pole barn/ 3 car garage that's about 10 years old. I have two classic vehicles and a 2005 pickup inside it. The roof and sides are insulated and I'm not sure if there are any ridge vents in the roof, I will look for my contract to see if they were included. I have never noticed any moisture inside the building or on my cars at all. Recently I noticed rust underneath my truck on suspension parts and inside the engine compartment...mind you this vehicle is rarely drive and only has 1,000 miles on it. I have a Temp/humidity gauge inside the building that said 64 % humidity. What if anything can I do to lower the humidity in my building ? I plan on putting 6 ml plastic sheeting down under my vehicles. Should my next step be vents or a dehumidifier ??. Thanks for any information.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
9/3/2014
What does the floor consist of? Are there doors on the barn? What type of insulation is it?

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.