Guest User
7/22/2014
We have had 5" gutters installed and are having problems with water entry into the back of the house. You can see photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/ and our roof measurements in the attached file. It looks like to me we may need an 8" gutter in places, but the primary problem now is that in even a moderate rain the water overshoots the gutter completely. Any ideas? We have talked to many gutter people and none have a system to determine what size we need, what shape or how to install them. Elizabeth
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
7/22/2014
First, thank you for choosing a metal roof. I see a variety of things and gutter installations in the photos. My advice for all metal roofs is to have 6" gutters installed using fascia brackets. I suggest having them installed as high as possible.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
7/23/2014
+1 to Todd's feedback. They are way to low in the spots that I see. Can they be moved up?

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.