Charles Frasier
3/23/2014
I have a 5 on 12 roof currently with asphalt shingles. I have had issues with ice build up and would like to have a metal roof installed. I supplement my oil furnance with a wood fired water boiler. The system functions well, but I have some issues with the discoloration of a portion of my asphalt roof due to the creosote that occurs on a small portion of the roof. Is this an issue if I install a metal roof. Is there a product that can be applied to prevent or enable any potential build up of creosote/ Thank You
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
3/29/2014
Shouldn't be an issue of any real concern. Creosote is typically reactive like a mild acid if I recall so occasional cleaning should keep it from damaging the roof metal.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.