Brian Holt
2/18/2014
I have a mansard style home with an addition on the back. the pitch of the upper roof and also the roof on the addition is not very steep. We are having some leak issues into the addition and i was wondering about angles with metal roofing once it is bent is there more of a chance of leaks at those points, or rust. Also i was wondering since we have had such a snowy winter about the seams leaking with 6-8 inches of snow on them. thank you for your time brian
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
2/19/2014
Brian, Metal roofs can be used in this application pretty simply. If you want metal, do not limit yourself based on this roof type. Eric
Gregory Barnes
5/29/2014
We have large mansard style porch with metal roofing. Metal roofing is the best thing to have as it has low maintenance cost and it adds to the resale value of our home.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.